Regional Centers and Agencies for the I/DD population:
- North Bay Regional Center covers Solano, Napa, and Sonoma counties. This agency provides clients with developmental disabilities a Service Coordinator who will purchases services on the client's behalf.
- Golden Gate Regional Center covers Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties.
- Regional Center of the East Bay covers Contra Costa and Alameda counties.
- Alta Regional Center covers Alpine, Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba counties.
- Department of Developmental Services is the state agency that provides much of the funding for the regional centers. They also provide the guidelines on how services should be provided.
- Disability Rights California's mission is to advocate, educate, investigate and litigate to advance and protect the rights of Californians with disabilities.
- Matrix Parents Network was founded in 1983 to help parents of special needs children. Their aim is to empower families of children with special needs to successfully understand and access the systems that serve them.
- The US Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) is dedicated to improving results for infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities ages birth through 21 by providing leadership and financial support to assist states and local districts.
- Vallejo City Unified School District
- Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
- Vacaville Unified School District
- Benicia Unified School District
- Dixon Unified School District
- Solano County Office of Education
- CA Department of Education
- SELPA- Special Education Local Plan Areas in California
Housing Authorities: these entities administer the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV), Project Based Vouchers, HCV Homeownership, and the Family Self Sufficiency Program (FSS). Housing Authorities' mission is to assist low-income families with safe, decent, and affordable housing opportunities as they strive to achieve self-sufficiency and improve the quality of their lives.
- Vallejo Housing Authority
- Benicia Housing Authority
- Fairfield Housing Authority
- Suisun Housing Authority
- Vacaville Housing Authority
- Dixon Housing Authority
- Solano County Health and Human Social Services The Department promotes cost-effective services, which safeguard the physical, emotional, and social well-being of the people of Solano County.
- Solano County Mental Health provides mental health services and supports in Solano County that are person-centered, safe, effective, efficient, timely and equitable.
- Solano County Wellness and Recovery Guide
- NAMI Solano County- Mental Health Awareness and Resources
- Medi-Cal- how to apply and general information
- Covered CA
Food and Shelter:
- Solano County program is designed to maintain low-income elderly, as well as disabled adults and children, safely in their own homes.
- Meals-On-Wheels delivers meals to home-bound seniors.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Plan (SNAP) offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities.
- Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) supplemental food assistance program
- Faith Food Fridays is a food bank in Vallejo.
- VacaFish is a food bank in Vacaville.
- Food Pantries is a website that helps you find food banks and subsidized groceries in your area.
- Christian Help Center is a shelter in Vallejo.
- Mission Solano is a shelter in Fairfield.
- First 5 Solano County Children and families commission
- Solano Family and Children’s Services provides child care resources.
- Heather House is a shelter for single women and children in Fairfield. They also provide mental health services and have a transitional housing program.
Other Community Resources:
- Independent Living Center of Solano County provides support, information, referrals, and training to maximize independence.
- Safequest is a rape center and provides support to those experiencing domestic violence.
- Catholic Charities Solano County provides family assistance with housing and tax preparation for Vallejo residents. They also have food programs.
- United Way of California provides assistance with emergency housing, employment and has a direct link to emergency preparedness from Red Cross.
- DART is operated by Fairfield-Suisun Transit SolTrans.
- ADA Paratransit Bus Service is available to qualified individuals with a disability.
- Solano Mobility
- Solano Transportation Authority
Resource telephone numbers
Police - Fire - Emergency 911
Abandoned/problem vehicles 707-648-4682
Animal Control 707-645-7906
Area Agency on Aging 707-643-1797
Crime Prevention - VPD
Graffiti Removal Hotline 707-648-4397
In-Home Support Services (IHSS) 707-784-8259
Lawyer in the Library 707-553-5568
MEDICARE TTY users 1-877-486-2048
NARFE Service Office 707-562-3179
Elder Abuse issues - dispatch will direct you to the appropriate substation. VPD 707-648-5293
Senior Legal Hotline 1-800-222-1753
Social Security Administration 1-800-772-1213
Solano County Health & Social Services Information & Referral Center 1-800-400-6001
Solano County Older & Disabled Adult Services 707-784-8233
Stars Center - Activity Center for Adults with Alzheimer's or Dementia - Call to Register 707-556-8680
State Council North Bay 707-648-4073
Vallejo City Cab 707-643-3333
Vallejo Yellow Cab 707-642-4421
Vallejo Runabout 707-649-1999
Vallejo Garbage Service 707-552-3110
Vallejo Housing Authority Section 8 707-648-4507
Vallejo Police Department 707-648-4321
Vallejo Police Department - Anonymous Crime Tips 707-644-4873 (24-Hr Recorder)
Vallejo Sanitation - Sewer & Storm Drain Problems 707-644-8949