The Arc-Solano is currently hiring for a part-time Tailored Day Service (TDS) Instructor to support our clients who wish to volunteer in the community & learn work skills or are pursuing higher education. Our office is in Vallejo, but you will work generally in lower Solano County area.
As a TDS Instructor, you will find volunteer opportunities in the community for the clients. During TDS appointments, you will transport clients and volunteer alongside them. Usually, you will have 2-3 clients for small group outings, but you may also see clients individually.
TDS is a flexible program, so you must have a flexible schedule. Availability on Saturdays is required. You may work morning/afternoon/evening; however, most programming takes place in the mornings and afternoons and you will know your schedule in advance. Your schedule will probably be around 20-25 hours/week, maybe 30 hours.
• At least 18 years old
• At least 1-year experience working with people with developmental disabilities or other special needs populations
• Solid, verifiable work history
• Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both as a team and independently.
• Must have a reliable vehicle that can hold three passengers, auto insurance, and be willing to DRIVE OWN CAR (mileage reimbursement offered).
• Must be able to pass criminal background check. You will be fingerprinted.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
• Part-time (20-25 hrs/week, including weekend work)
• Benefits include medical reimbursement, PTO & sick leave, paid holidays, FSA, retirement with employer contributions, and paid lunch hour.
TO APPLY: please submit cover letter and complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org