A job where you make a lasting difference in someone else’s life isn’t a job at all—it’s a purpose.
Give your day a sense of purpose and fulfillment by applying for one of our open positions today.
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring for a full-time Independent Living Skills Instructor to teach and support our consumers who live independently or wish to someday.
Flexible, Dependable, and Organized Instructor
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring for a full-time Independent Living Skills Instructor; our ILS Program is called Transitional Service (TS). Based on our mission and guiding principles, TS Instructors provide consumers with choices and advise them of possible outcomes. Consumers learn the benefits of making good choices, and poor decisions are used as a teaching tool.
Meeting 1 – 2 times per week with each consumer, the Instructor helps the consumer gain the knowledge and skills needed to live as independently as possible. These skills can include creating and following a budget, paying bills, managing medical appointments, learning healthy cooking, developing interpersonal skills, and how to read the mail. The classroom is the community and the consumer’s home; tasks are adapted o fit their skill level. Every six months the objectives are reviewed and updated.
Our office is located in Vallejo, but we serve clients throughout Solano County.
Essential Duties: Assistance for each consumer will vary according to the functioning level of the individual and the objectives of the Individual Service Plan.
• Develop practical community-based ILS individual service plans which meet agency guidelines and
accurately reflect consumers’ needs.
• Develop and implement community-based lesson plans, which encourage and enable skill acquisition
and directly relate to skills needed for independent living, as required by individual service plans.
• Advocate for the best possible solutions to problems that your consumers may face and assist them
• Provide transportation for consumers to and from community and facility-based instruction in your
• Create and follow a practical schedule for seeing and instructing consumers during program hours.
• Learn and be responsible for individual personnel responsibilities and concurrent deadlines required
of all agency personnel (i.e., timecards, mileage reimbursements, use of benefits, etc.).
• Learn and be responsible for individual responsibilities for reporting documentation related to
consumers, including content and deadlines.
• Coordinate work assignments as needed with individual consumer and other instructors’ schedules.
• Keep supervisor informed about the status of all ongoing assignments, project, deadlines met, and
responsibilities/assignments carried out.
• Other assigned duties from the Arc-Solano management team, including but not limited to assisting
with other Arc-Solano programs.
• At least 18 years old
• At least 1-year experience working with people with developmental disabilities or other special needs
• Solid, verifiable work history (3 references)
• Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both as a team and independently.
• Current and valid CDL
• Must have a reliable vehicle that can hold three passengers, auto insurance and be willing to DRIVE
OWN CAR (mileage reimbursement offered).
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check. You will be fingerprinted.
Benefits and Compensation:
• Full-time (Monday - Friday, 9am – 5pm)
• Benefits include medical reimbursement, PTO & sick leave, paid holidays, FSA, retirement with
employer contributions, and paid lunch hour.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and a complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring a part-time Tailored Day Service (TDS) Instructor to support our clients who wish to volunteer in the community & learn work skills or are pursuing higher education. Our office is in Vallejo, but you will work throughout Solano County.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Part-Time Instructor in Tailored Day Service
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring a part-time Tailored Day Service (TDS) Instructor to support our clients who wish to volunteer in the community & learn work skills or are pursuing higher education.
As a TDS Instructor, you will help clients achieve their program objectives. This may include volunteering in the community, learning to read, studying for the CDL test, or taking college courses. We always seek to provide sound advice and model good behavior for our consumers as many have difficulties in social or work environments. During TDS appointments, you will transport clients and volunteer alongside them. Usually, you will have 2-3 clients for small group outings, but you may also see clients individually.
TDS is a flexible program. Our office is in Vallejo, but you will work throughout Solano County. The work schedule is usually 4 days/week, about 30 hours/week. Some weeks may be fewer hours, while some weeks may be more hours. You need to be available for occasional weekend or evening work; however, most programming takes place during the regular workday and you will know your schedule in advance.
•At least 18 years old-At least 1-year experience working with people with developmental disabilities or other special needs populations
•Solid, verifiable work history (3 references)
•Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
•Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both as a team and independently.
•Current and valid CDL-Must have a reliable vehicle that can hold three passengers, auto insurance and be willing to DRIVE YOUR OWN CAR during work (mileage reimbursement offered).
•Must be able to pass a criminal background check. You will be fingerprinted.
Benefits and Compensation :
•Part-time (approximately 25-35 hrs/week, including occasional weekend/evening shift)
•Benefits include medical reimbursement, PTO & sick leave, paid holidays, FSA, retirement with employer contributions, and paid lunch hour.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org