A job where you make a lasting difference in someone else’s life isn’t a job at all—it’s a purpose.
Give your day a sense of purpose and fulfillment by applying for one of our open positions today.
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring for a full-time Independent Living Skills Instructor to teach and support our consumers who live independently or wish to someday.
Full-time Instructor for Transitional Service
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring for a full-time Independent Living Skills Instructor; our ILS Program is called Transitional Service (TS). Instructors provide assessment, training, and support for people with a developmental disability who are thinking about living on their own or are already living independently.
Meeting 1 – 2 times per week with each person on their caseload, the Instructor will help the consumer with their objectives. These objectives can include creating & following a budget, managing medical appointments, healthy cooking, maintaining Social Security benefits, understanding basic household management, and helping them navigate personal relationships.
Our office is located in Vallejo, but we serve clients throughout Solano County.
- At least 18 years old
- At least 1-year experience working with people with developmental disabilities or other special needs populations
- Solid, verifiable work history (3 references)
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to keep up with the necessary documentation and other administrative duties.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both as a team and independently.
- Current and valid CDL
- Must have a reliable vehicle that can hold three passengers and be willing to drive consumers in your own car (mileage reimbursement offered if you provide proof of auto insurance).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check. You will be fingerprinted.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Full-time (Monday - Friday, 9 am – 5 pm)
- Benefits include benefit allowance, PTO & sick leave, paid holidays, FSA, retirement with employer contributions, reduced Planet Fitness membership, roadside assistance program, work cell phone & work Chromebook, and paid lunch break.
- $13/hour plus mileage reimbursement
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and a complete resume to email@example.com