A job where you make a lasting difference in someone else’s life isn’t a job at all—it’s a purpose.
Give your day a sense of purpose and fulfillment by applying for one of our open positions today.
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring a part-time Tailored Day Service (TDS) Instructor to support our clients who wish to volunteer in the community & learn work skills or are pursuing higher education. Our office is in Vallejo, but you will work throughout Solano County. We are currently hiring for someone who lives in the Vacaville/Fairfield area.
Part-Time Instructor in Tailored Day Service
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring a part-time Instructor to support our clients with community integration through education, employment, and volunteering. We are currently hiring for someone who lives in the Vacaville/Fairfield area.
As an Instructor, you will help clients achieve their program objectives. This may include volunteering in the community, learning to read, studying for the CDL test, or taking college courses. We always strive to provide sound advice and model good behavior for our consumers as many have difficulties in social or work environments. During TDS appointments, you will transport clients and volunteer alongside them. Usually, you will have 2-3 clients for small group outings, but you may also see clients individually.
This is a flexible day program. Our office is in Vallejo, but you will work throughout Solano County. We are looking to hire either:
- 2 staff for 10-19 hours/week, 2-3 days/week. OR
- 1 staff for 25-35 hours/week, generally 4 days/week
You need to be available for occasional weekend or evening work; however, most programming takes place during the regular workday (M-F) and you will know your schedule in advance.
- At least 18 years old
- At least 1-year experience working with people with developmental disabilities or other special needs populations
- Solid, verifiable work history (3 references)
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both as a team and independently
- Current and valid CDL
- Must have a reliable vehicle that can hold three passengers, auto insurance and be willing to DRIVE YOUR OWN CAR during work (mileage reimbursement offered).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check. You will be fingerprinted.
Benefits and Compensation :
- Part-time (approximately 25-35 hrs/week, including occasional weekend/evening shift): benefits include medical reimbursement, PTO & sick leave, paid holidays, FSA, retirement with employer contributions, reduced Planet Fitness membership, roadside assistance program, and paid lunch break.
- Part-time (approximately 10-19 hrs/week, including occasional weekend/evening shift): sick leave, reduced Planet Fitness membership, roadside assistance program, and paid lunch break.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and complete resume to email@example.com