A job where you make a lasting difference in someone else’s life isn’t a job at all—it’s a purpose.
Give your day a sense of purpose and fulfillment by applying for one of our open positions today.
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring a part-time Tailored Day Service (TDS) Instructor to support our clients who wish to volunteer in the community & learn work skills or are pursuing higher education. Our office is in Vallejo, but you will work throughout Solano County.
Part-Time Instructor in Tailored Day Service
The Arc-Solano is currently hiring TWO part-time Instructors to support our clients with community integration through education, employment, and volunteering.
As an Instructor, you will help clients achieve their program objectives. This may include volunteering in the community, learning to read, studying for the CDL test, or taking college courses. We always strive to provide sound advice and model good behavior for our consumers as many have difficulties in social or work environments. During work, you will transport clients in your car and volunteer alongside them. Usually, you will have 2-3 clients for small group outings, but you may also see clients individually.
This is a flexible day program. A typical work week would be 25-35 hours, spread over 4-5 days. Our office is in Vallejo, but you will work throughout Solano County. This means you will be driving throughout Solano County to get clients. Our current mileage reimbursement rate is about $0.575/mile.
You may need to be available for occasional weekend or evening work; however, most programming takes place during the regular workday (M-F) and you will know your schedule in advance.
- At least 18 years old
- At least 1-year experience working with people with developmental disabilities or other special needs populations
- Solid, verifiable work history (3 references)
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both as a team and independently
- Current and valid CDL
- Must have a reliable vehicle that can hold three passengers, auto insurance and be willing to DRIVE YOUR OWN CAR during work (mileage reimbursement offered).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check. You will be fingerprinted.
Benefits and Compensation :
Part-time (if more than 20 hrs/week, including occasional weekend/evening shift): benefits include medical reimbursement, PTO & sick leave, paid holidays, FSA, retirement with employer contributions, reduced Planet Fitness membership, roadside assistance program, and paid lunch break.
$13/hour plus bonuses and benefit allowance
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org